[Qt-interest] Phonon Framework and Mpeg TS

Josiah Bryan jbryan at productiveconcepts.com
Wed Apr 7 19:56:39 CEST 2010

Chinmaya Sn wrote:
> Hi,
> I have mpeg ts content, this content has more than just audio and video,
> e.g data (sub-titles).
>
> Lets say Gstreamer plugin supports to decode and output this.
>
> Then, how would I get hold of this data-stream in Phonon framework, and
> process it.
>
> I could not find any appropriate APIs in the Phonon module.
>
> Any suggestions/pointers?

Use ffmpeg (libavcodec and friends, actually). No, really. I've
successfully used ffmpeg on both windows and linux with no changes to my
code. There are pre-compiled ffmpeg dlls  that work without problem.
Same ffmpeg-specific code for both platforms - no #ifdefs needed.

Here's a nice simple example from a project I'm working on. This
particular subdir (/trunk/src/camera_test) is a test program I put
together to test using ffmpeg to capture video on windows, but it work
just fine under linux just by changing the vidcap URI at line 20 in
CameraTest.cpp to /dev/video0 or whatever.

http://code.google.com/p/dviz/source/browse/#svn/trunk/src/camera_test

Just a suggestion. There may be a much much easier way thru the Phonon
API - but I don't really know. Sorry.

Cheers!
-Josiah