[Qt-interest] Core dump with QLocalSocket in another thread.

Gabriel M. Beddingfield gabrbedd at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 23:30:28 CEST 2010

Hi David,

On Wed, 7 Apr 2010, David Boosalis wrote:

> (gdb)
> where
>
> #0  QCoreApplication::notifyInternal (this=0x7fffffffe300, receiver=0x0,
> event=0x7fffffffe030)
>    at
> /home/david/qt/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.6.2/src/corelib/kernel/qcoreapplication.cpp:691
>
> #1  0x00007ffff5f74fb5 in QCoreApplication::sendEvent (this=<value optimized
> out>)

This can happen if the target object has been accientally
delete or was never created.  I think I've seen it happen in
this situation, too:

     QWidget *wid = new QWidget;
     QPushButton pb(wid);        // Stack allocated
     delete wid;                 // pb's destructor also get called.

So, I would start by looking for accidental deletions in
your code.

> Of course the stack is much larger but nowhere do I see line numbers from my
> code.  I note that the receiver variable in #0 is 0x0 and yet the code still

If the sender event was a timer or from another thread, you
won't see it in the backtrace.

hth,
Gabriel