[Qt-interest] game in linux

Srdjan Todorovic todorovic.s at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 8 18:42:14 CEST 2010

Hi,

On 8 April 2010 17:20, vyshakh krishnan <vyshakh.krishnan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there any car racing game developed using qt. I am developing a project,
> robotic simulator, where there is provision to build a robot using ics and
> micro controllers and finally a racing game using the developed robot.
> Everything except the game is almost over using only qt and a little c. Can
> anyone tell whether qt can be used for the game also?  Is there any such
> game already in qt?

I'm not completely sure, but I think "racer" is a Qt game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racer_%28simulator%29

If you do strings on the 'racer' binary, you see references to QDialog
/ QTitleBar
/ QImage / QFile / QThread etc.

I'm not sure if you can get the source code for it - but it seems it
isn't open source.

Don't know if that's of any use to you - hope it helped. If anyone
else has any other alternatives, I'd be glad to hear of them (I think
Linux lacks really good driving games, which is a pitty).

Srdjan