[Qt-interest] Embedding a QLineEdit in QGraphicsWidget

Paul Drummond paul.drummond at iode.co.uk
Thu Apr 8 20:14:28 CEST 2010

Hi,

I have an application that models itself on the hyperui demo app so it has a
main.cpp and a mainwindow that is a QGraphicsWidget.  The mainwindow has a
series of pages (themselves QGraphicsWidgets).

I know it's possible to add normal widgets like QLineEdit to a
QGraphicsScene by using QGraphicsScene.addWidget() but I want to add my
QLineEdit to one of my pages which are QGraphicsWidgets.  I have tried using
QGraphicsWidget()->scene()->addWidget(lineEdit) but the app just crashes.

Is is possible to add a normal QWidget to a scene as a child of a
QGraphicsWidget?

Thanks,
Paul Drummond