[Qt-interest] Qt Application Compiles very Slow on Windows Machines

Gabriel M. Beddingfield gabrbedd at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 16:40:17 CEST 2010

Hi Arron,

On Fri, 9 Apr 2010, Aaron Lewis wrote:

> Mingw Compiles very slow on Windows , while my Gentoo goes
> extremely fast.  Does anyone ever meet such problems ?

     mingw is g++ 3.4.5
     Gentoo is probably g++ >= 4.2.x

The g++ 4.x series features a lot of performance
improvements in compile time.

Also, mingw32-make has to do some POSIX-compatability
stuff... which often runs slow on windows.  (E.g.
`find` runs extremely slow on Windows.)

It looks like they have a "testing" release of mingw gcc
4.5... so you might try that out.  Though, you would be
venturing out into beta-tester territory.  :-)

-gabriel