[Qt-interest] Is Qt the best choice for cross-platform desktop GUI applications? Mac OS X (Cocoa, Aqua)? KDE, GNOME, Windows 7

Josiah Bryan jbryan at productiveconcepts.com
Tue Apr 13 20:05:14 CEST 2010

Jason H wrote:
> No, If you look at the QML stuff, it is using a kind of MVC pattern for the UI already. It is pretty sweet. The MVC patter uses the QGraphicsView stuff.
>
> Don't forget that HTML Canvas resembles Qt's QGraphicsView... ;-)

Resembles? I don't mean this offensively in any way - however, my
impression from reading Canvas code samples is that it's just a paint
surface - not an object-based display widget. E.g. you paint frames onto
the canvas, whereas with QGraphicsView you put objects in the view that
render themselves. Or am I off base here?

Cheers!
-josiah

--

Josiah Bryan