[Qt-interest] Qt for the iPad?

Jason H scorp1us at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 13 21:04:51 CEST 2010

HAH! http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/13/meego-gone-wild-features-detailed-companies-come-on-board-at-i/

Now, Nokia needs to make the Middleware UI, Handset UI, and the Netbook UI, into its own (open) platform, (Qt) (call it Ovum, in relation to Ovi, but meaning 'Egg'? Qovum? Qtinuum  ) If Nokia can supply those three parts, (Which Qt totally can do) then we have a platform where Nokia will generate sales by people using the Nokia-supplied components (Ovi App store, music store) Of course, not everyone would elect the Nokia components because there isn't money in it for them (or could there be?) but if they did replace those with their own, it would only be fracturing the marketplace. If Nokia steps up and provides these (and maybe a kick-back of revenues for using the Nokia stores) then we have a real threat to the iPhone platform! Nokia, what are you going to do!?