[Qt-interest] what is QML all about?

Mihail Naydenov mlists at ymail.com
Thu Apr 15 09:17:07 CEST 2010

By itself QML does not mean "sexy UI". (Graphics View Framework based one means that.)

QML means "sexy UI"  *easy*.

Am big skeptic on that in general, but everyone is going that way (Flex/Wpf/JavaFX) and is understandable Qt does not want to stay behind.

Problem is its terribly late in the game and now this will suck unbelievable amount of dev effort to bring it on par.
*Especially* on the visual design tools part. There, it is close to impossible to be on par to lets say Wpf (MS bought Creature House (Expression software)) or Flex(we all know the story there). I doubt there is turning back however, so we must accept it.

I personally am more interested in the underlying powerful tech Qt provides (Graphics View Framework, State machine(big fan), QtConcurren, (QtOpenCL in future), etc )
than the way its exposed - QML, design tools etc.
So as long the back-end receives the love it deserves, am ok :)

MihailNaydenov