[Qt-interest] Drawing to QImage

Denis Akhmetzyanov dakhmetzyanov at smartlabs.tv
Thu Apr 15 10:30:49 CEST 2010

Hi,
C++ GUI Programming with Qt 4 (2nd Edition) - The official C++/Qt book
*
http://qt.nokia.com/developer/books/cpp-gui-programming-with-qt-4-2nd-edition
 *
*
*
has some useful information about this question. Part  II, Chapter 8, 2D
Graphics, topic "High-Quality Rendering with QImage".
In my experience, the main advantage of drawing on the QImage is that
rendering result looking exactly the same on all platforms. But performance
is worse than direct drawing on a QWidget.

2010/4/14 BRM <bm_witness at yahoo.com>

> I'm looking for some good information on drawing to QImage instead of
> directly in a QWidget.
> Doing a quick google search didn't up much useful information; and while
> I've taken my first stab at it - my results were not useful either.
> I know I'm probably doing something wrong; and would like to be able to
> read over some stuff on it; but the Qt documentation merely mentions it in
> passing.
>
> TIA,
>
> Ben

Best regards,