[Qt-interest] QTcpSocket and IRC

Robin Krahl robin at rkrahl.de
Thu Apr 15 14:00:49 CEST 2010

On 15.04.2010 13:51, Thomas Fjellstrom wrote:
> Some servers check for identd, which is a separate process, and it hands out
> your actual user name (on some setups) to the requester. Try installing an
> identd server, and opening the identd port.

But if the missing identd server was the problem, it wouldn’t work with
telnet either, would it? It’s just a freenode server; and I managed to
connect to it before without an identd server, too (e. g. with many IRC
clients or with PircBot in Java).

--
Robin Krahl <robin at rkrahl.de>
http://rkrahl.de