[Qt-interest] Qt and SDL (sound only) on OS X

Ross Driedger ross at earz.ca
Fri Apr 16 06:46:32 CEST 2010

On 15-Apr-10, at 3:56 PM, qt-interest-request at trolltech.com wrote:

> Message: 5
> Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 00:05:03 +0300
> From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc at arcor.de>
> Subject: [Qt-interest] Qt and SDL (sound only) on OS X
> To: qt-interest at trolltech.com
>
> Is there a way to make Qt play nice with SDL (or vice versa, or
> both) on
> Mac OS X?  SDL on OS X needs an SDLMain.m included in the application,
> which does weird stuff with Cocoa and results in the application bar
> being unusable.
>
> Any pointers?

[trying desperately not to toe the old pointer gag]

> PS:
> If you wonder why I need SDL for sound, it's because I couldn't get
> Phonon to work reliably across Linux, Windows and OS X (especially
> on OS
> X where the QuickTime backend is crashing every 10 seconds, but it's a
> mess on Windows too; it pretty much only works on Linux.)

Have you looked into PortMedia?  I am using MIDI portion of that quite
successfully on Mac, SUSE and Windows.  I cannot say how it will fit
into what you are doing, and whether it works for you, but it does for
me.

http://portmedia.sourceforge.net

Ross Driedger
ross (at) earz  (dot) ca