[Qt-interest] Qt and SDL (sound only) on OS X

Nikos Chantziaras realnc at arcor.de
Fri Apr 16 07:43:35 CEST 2010

On 04/16/2010 08:29 AM, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
> On 04/16/2010 07:46 AM, Ross Driedger wrote:
>>  [...]
>> Have you looked into PortMedia? I am using MIDI portion of that quite
>> successfully on Mac, SUSE and Windows. I cannot say how it will fit into
>> what you are doing, and whether it works for you, but it does for me.
>>
>> http://portmedia.sourceforge.net
>
> Thanks for that link, Ross! I wasn't aware of that project. Will have a
> good look at it.

I thought this is a new project that offers something new on top of
PortAudio.  It turns out PortMedia is just another name for all the
Port* stuff :P  Nope, that's not suitable for me.  I need MP3, Vorbis
and WAV playback, with multiple sounds at the same time.  PortAudio does
neither decoding nor mixing.  I would be re-inventing the wheel for
probably the thousandth time if I had to do that by hand.