[Qt-interest] How to get selected listitem index in Qt

Rainer Wiesenfarth Rainer.Wiesenfarth at inpho.de
Fri Apr 16 09:16:51 CEST 2010

(please quote reader-friendly, even given the fact, Outlook does not support
this)

From: Ramesh [mailto:ramesh.bs at robosoftin.com]
> From: Rainer Wiesenfarth
> > From: Ramesh
> > > I am having a QListView which having some items. Now i
> > > want to get
> > > the index of selected item. i.e. if i select 5th element i
> > > should get 5. How i can get this?..
> >
> > QModelIndexList  QAbstractItemView::selectedIndexes () const
>
> Ya, I gone through the documentation I had fount this
> selectedIndexes (),
> but selected indexes will give the list, we need to iterate
> for getting the modelindex.

Yes and no. If you allow multiple selection, the list may contain multiple
items - in fact all selected ones. If you only allow single selection, the
list may be either empty or contain exactly one item. Thus "iteration" is
very limited here.

> But I wanted an API which gives the selected item modelindex
> in one shot..
> iterating the list is time consuming right..

Not for a list with count () <= 1 ...

Be aware that selectedIndexes() has to cover different scenarios: single or
multiple selections, lists, trees, and tables, ...

Best Regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Rainer Wiesenfarth

--
INPHO GmbH * Smaragdweg 1 * 70174 Stuttgart * Germany
phone: +49 711 2288 10 * fax: +49 711 2288 111 * web: www.inpho.de