[Qt-interest] Regarding the QT mobile orientation and the current stage

Patric userqt at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 19:24:01 CEST 2010

Hi Thiago,

I see, thank you for the answer. I guess this is both for Symbian and Maemo
when using Qt.

We're looking forward at using Maemo and Symbian as platforms for our new
applications. What advice would you give us, should we use Qt for Maemo or
Symbian development at the moment ? Is it mature enought or we should use
the current GTK+ Hildon and S60 Avkon UIs.

As I understand, the current widgets will be themed with the new ones which
are coming with Symbian 4, but they will be ugly compared to them.

And another question, will the transition between the old Qt widgets (the
current actually, and created for mobile devices not Desktop environment)
and the new Orbit be easy ? If we create our apps using Qt now, will we need
to recreate the whole UI in the upcoming months ?

Thank you in advance

Regards