[Qt-interest] Regarding the QT mobile orientation and the current stage

Constantin Makshin cmakshin at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 19:46:09 CEST 2010

I don't know about Maemo 5, but on S60 (Nokia 5800) I haven't found any noticeable differences between Qt widgets and their native equivalents.

As for the maturity, I'd say Symbian version of Qt is mature enough. I had some performance issues with QTextEdit with [relatively] long rich text (scrolling wasn't as fast as I'd want), but that was the only problem I had so far. And since Qt is much easier to use and better documented than native S60 API, I think Qt is a good choice.

--
Constantin Makshin