[Qt-interest] redistribute QT application for Windows

Bruce Cran Bruce.Cran at iongeo.com
Wed Apr 21 18:09:34 CEST 2010

On 21/04/10 12:23, Serge wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i need to redistribute QT application, built in Visual Studio 2005.
> can i add to the folder with application VC runtime libraries:
> msvcr80.dll
> msvcp80.dll
> will i break some license agreement, providing these 2 libraries
> together with my program?
>
> Or i need to provide redistributable package vcredist_x86.exe from
> microsoft instead to avoid problems with license?

Look in REDIST.txt in the Windows SDK for a list of DLLs you are allowed
to redistribute. I know that at least MSVCR80.dll (but not MSVCR80D.dll)
is allowed.

--
Bruce Cran

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If you are not the original recipient or the person responsible for delivering the email to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error, and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you received this email in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete the original.