[Qt-interest] redistribute QT application for Windows

Malyushytsky, Alex alex at wai.com
Thu Apr 22 00:46:22 CEST 2010

>> Also, if you put those DLLs in your app's folder, and Microsoft issues a
security update for the system-wide DLLs through Windows Update, your
app will stay buggy since it's using your bundled DLLs and not the
system global, updated DLLs.

Your application may stop working after such updates.
This is a reason a lot of applications are deployed with such dlls in application folder.
In fact Microsoft office on my computer has MSVCR71.DLL for one of the addons it provides.

What to do is a personal choice.
But you can deploy C runtime libraries or any other libraries from the redistributable package independently with your application without breaking any license.

That was my point.

Regards,
   Alex