[Qt-interest] Unquestionably Force Re-rendering of a Widget

Willy P willy.lists at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 01:07:30 CEST 2010

I am upgrading to Qt 4.6.2 from 4.5.3 and I'm having some really
irritating issues.  Some of my more complex widgets have all sorts of
problems where they are only partially rendering when they should be
fully re-rendering.  I want a function that absolutely - without
question - re-renders a widget and all it's children.
QWidget::update() seems like it's being clever and not actually doing
anything if it doesn't think it needs to or if it gets called too
often.

This is especially true when embedding widgets in 3d scenes.  If I add
a button to an existing widget in the scene it doesn't show up until I
mouse over the widget or resize it.

Would appreciate any advice...

(Running OS X.5.8)

Thanks!