[Qt-interest] redistribute QT application for Windows

Denis Mingulov denis at mingulov.com
Thu Apr 22 13:49:36 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 1:46 AM, Malyushytsky, Alex <alex at wai.com> wrote:

> In fact Microsoft office on my computer has MSVCR71.DLL for one of the
> addons it provides.

It is not possible to use MSVCR71.DLL license for MSVCR8.DLL.
MSVCR71.DLL has no such limitation, so it might be redistributed.

> But you can deploy C runtime libraries or any other libraries from the
> redistributable package independently with your application without breaking
> any license.

Here is an analysis of existing MSCRTxx.DLL public licenses:
http://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsdg_html_chunked/ChToolsMSChain.html#id4894268

Of course anybody can contact Microsoft directly etc.

 --
Best Regards,
Denis Mingulov