[Qt-interest] qInstallMessageHandler : widget specific

Sarvesh Saran Sarvesh.Saran at synopsys.com
Fri Apr 23 16:50:17 CEST 2010

Hi,

Thanks for the reply..Should I then write a custom log handler for my widgets? In order to ensure that all widgets write to the same log, I could provide a singleton logging mechanism.

The problem however is that I am writing a GUI library (no main.cpp) consisting of several widgets. The end  is expected to use a subset of these widgets... How do I ensure that all widgets write to the same log file ? ( classes and macros common to all widgets are in common.cpp) I remember reading somewhere that singletons should be avoided in GUI widgets..

Thanks,
Sarvesh