[Qt-interest] [Announcement] Modelling software using QtScript, qtscriptgenerator

Bernhard Friedreich friesoft at gmail.com
Sat Apr 24 12:56:58 CEST 2010

Hi!

I thought you may be interested in a program we've been developing for
nearly a year now, which highly utilizes QtScript and other Qt
components like QGraphicsView and QtHelp.
Some more buzz words to get you interested: qtscriptgenerator, highly
scriptable and customizeable, plugin management, ...

The project name is "Dinjam" which is short for: Dinjam is not just
another modeller (tm)

It can be found on sourceforge[1] / gitorious[2]

Targetting all 3 major desktop platforms (win/lin/mac) it uses only
components Qt BUT with some goodies taken from the kdelibs/amarok. First
we tried to strip down those libraries to
fit our needs and to still be portable and easy to deploy - but we
didn't succeed, why we copied and adapted some parts of those libs for
our needs for the moment (got a one year timeframe which is now over).

We heavily utilized the qtscriptgenerator and the qtscript engine
itself. The main part of the program (app logic, painting, ...) happens
from within the scripts - so you can build entire new
data modells without touching any C++ code... hopefully ;-)

If anyone is interested in taking this any further/getting to know more
about the project/how we solved some problems I would be very happy to
get this going!

Best regards,
Bernhard Friedreich

[1]: http://sourceforge.net/projects/dinjam
[2]: http://gitorious.org/dinjam
Here's the actual source! the sourceforge repo is a sync of the
gitorious master repo