[Qt-interest] SOLUTION TO: (was OS X, Qt & 'was not compiled with -fobjc-gc or -fobjc-gc-only, but the application requires GC' error?)

JJDaNiMoTh jjdanimoth at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 19:47:27 CEST 2010

On 26 Apr 2010, at 18:57, kent williams wrote:

> The problem was found and solved here:
>
> http://www.vtk.org/pipermail/vtk-developers/2010-February/007413.html
>
> The problem comes from VTK's Cocoa support, and is solved by adding:
>
> -DVTK_REQUIRED_OBJCXX_FLAGS:STRING=""
>
> to the CMake command line (or explicitly setting that flag if you run
> CMake interactively).

OT:

Hello, I want to ask if there is some rule of the mailing list which,
for each problem solved, the starter needs to "break" the thread
itself with a new subject.

If it exists, I would ask if can be removed, because the method has
two problems:

1 - When a user do a search (google p.e.) he will miss the solution
(original thread is probably in higher results, since it is often
clicked, instead of the solution which could be in last positions)
2 - Ugly result when looking in the archives (see [1])

Obvious, the first point is the most important.

Many thanks

[1] http://lists.trolltech.com/pipermail/qt-interest/2010-April/thread.html