[Qt-interest] Reverse Geocoging with Google Maps API and Qt (without Webkit)

Jason H scorp1us at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 27 06:40:57 CEST 2010

I am trying to wrap my head around this one. I am new the the Google Maps API and it seems everything revolves around JavaScript/AJAX. How can I use the Google Maps API with Qt (and without using Webkit).

I want to:
1) Give GPS coordinates, and get back an address
2) Get distance GPS coords are from that address
3) Place a markers at the GPS coords and address
4) Then store the image that comes back

But, I don't have a GUI (I am not running in a GUI thread) so I can't use WebKit. Has anyone one anything like this? Is QtScript up to the task?