[Qt-interest] SDK Designer requires 20s to load

Andre Somers andre at familiesomers.nl
Tue Apr 27 11:48:08 CEST 2010

On 27-4-2010 11:16, Matthias Pospiech wrote:
> Andre Somers schrieb:
>
>> On 25-4-2010 13:15, Matthias Pospiech wrote:
>>

>>> I use QtCreator, but can not work with the integrated designer because
>>> it provides a very tiny space to work with the layout that I do not want
>>> to use it.
>>> Therefore I want to use the external designer.exe. However if I load any
>>> ui file or the designer alone the CPU usage rises to 40% and stays there
>>> for 20-30 seconds before the gui of the designer appears.
>>>
>>> The SDK is 2010.01. Anone else having this problem?
>>>
>>> Matthias
>>>

>> Perhaps you should familiarize yourself with some shortcut keys to adapt
>> the QtCreator workspace.
>> Use ALT+0 to toggle viewing the bar on the left (with the open files and
>> the project views and such), and ALT+n with n ranging from 1 to 4 to
>> toggle the views in the bottom of the screen (build issues through
>> compile output). Hiding both will give you plenty of space for your
>> designer window.
>>

> Basically I know that I can hide those. Nevertheless I still work with
> 19" Screens and what I really miss is the
> ability to move the property (dock)-widgets that I usually either hide
> or move into a single column. The fact
> that these widgets are unmovable in QtCreator-Designer is the reason why
> I have only 400x400 pixel space
> for the actual designer form layout window.
> Unless I get a much larger monitor or this gets fixed I am going to
> continous to work with the standard
> designer.

Ok, I guess our setups differ then. I also use 19" screens, but I end up
with a usable area of about 800x600. The screens are running a 1280x1024
resolution. I do agree that it would be nice if the docks could be
moved, put into the same column or stacked on top of each other just
like you can in designer.

Good luck!

André