[Qt-interest] QMutex deadlock without using QMutex

Gabriel M. Beddingfield gabrbedd at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 18:54:38 CEST 2010

On Tue, 27 Apr 2010, Andre Somers wrote:

>> Perhaps switch from Qt::QueuedConnection to
>> Qt::BlockingQueuedConnection (or the reverse).  You might get lucky.
> Ehh? Swithing to a blocking connection would defeat the purpose of using
[snip]
> think... Or do I totally misunderstand the documentation here? If I try
> it, I get up to about 25% CPU usage on my quad core system. That's
> single threaded performance.

But it didn't deadlock, right?

Ok, scratch that one.  :-)

You said that the worker threads signal the coordinator
thread.  In response to this signal, the coordinator thread
signals the workers.  Right?

What happens when the workers respond faster than the
coordinator thread expects?  I.e. while it's still
processing the signal from the worker thread (and is
dispatching the next workloa)d... it gets another signal
from the same worker thread.

hth,
Gabriel