[Qt-interest] Skype Region Sharing Window using QT

Raja Rokkam rokkamraja at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 03:49:22 CEST 2010

Hi,

     I would like to if its possible to get a window on clicking a push
button which is exactly like the skype region sharing window ? I should be
able to resize it and on resizing the widget coordinates should be tracked
as well.

I know how to create Translucent Windows by setting the attributes
Qt::WA_TranslucentBackground, Qt::WA_TransparentForMouseEvents.

Any ideas on how to go about implementing this ? I am able to get the
rectangle drawn with translucency and transparent for mouse events set but I
am having issues while resizing it.
I tried overriding mousePressEvent, mouseReleaseEvent, mouseMoveEvent but
not sure how to go about the resizing.

Thanks,
Raja.