[Qt-interest] Frequent internal compiler error: Segfault when compiling Qt 4.4 bundled sqlite3

Srdjan Todorovic todorovic.s at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 28 10:58:07 CEST 2010

Hi,

On 28 April 2010 01:21, Bill King <bill.king at nokia.com> wrote:
> Is it running out of memory? what are your ulimits? I'm using 11.0 here
> with 4.3.1 and it's compiling fine.

Strangely, it compiled fine just now. So perhaps the overnight
power-down helped?

I monitored 'free' this time round and saw the free column drop to
about 273MB (of 3GB). Cached/buffers took 1.3GB.

I have ran memtest about a year ago for approximately 16 hours with no
problems, but I do wonder if one of the RAM modules is failing. Some
other pages I found when googling for this problem seemed to suggest
that bad RAM is to play, but I can't accept this without more proof,
especially given that memtest ran fine.

So, it could be a hardware fault and I will do more tests and monitor
the situation.

Just for completeness, here's a dump of my ulimits:

$ ulimit -a
core file size          (blocks, -c) 0
scheduling priority             (-e) 0
pending signals                 (-i) 15858
max locked memory       (kbytes, -l) 64
max memory size         (kbytes, -m) 1731108
open files                      (-n) 1024
pipe size            (512 bytes, -p) 8
POSIX message queues     (bytes, -q) 819200
real-time priority              (-r) 0
stack size              (kbytes, -s) 8192
max user processes              (-u) 15858
virtual memory          (kbytes, -v) 3345040

> Is there a chance you can change the version of gcc you're using?

I doubt it - I just use whatever comes with OpenSuse. Do you have a
specific concern with the gcc version I'm using? Or was the change
just part of determining if gcc had a problem and to help with
diagnosis?

Thanks,
Srdjan