[Qt-interest] paint getting called continuously

Parta lists4pghanghas at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 15:20:10 CEST 2010

I understand that paint will get called if its overridden. That's the
whole purpose of overriding the virtual. The problems is "its getting
called continuously, almost consuming the whole cpu even when I am not
doing anything with it".
I just launch the application and sit back  and it keeps painting the
same thing again and again. I know that because I can see debug
messages from paint function. It shouldnt paint the same thing again
and again unless there is any change (its shown again or its geometry
changes or its repositioned or update is called). But I am not doing
anything with it. Why does the paint event gets generated continously
in the first place in that scenario. I asked just to confirm that I am
not making some mistake  and breaking my head over something that is
some common/known mistake. I am sure its a mistake somewhere in the
way I have written it.

Thanks
Pritam

On 4/28/10, Ramesh <ramesh.bs at robosoftin.com> wrote:
> Yes,
> paint will get called, repetedly... if u override the paint method of any
> inherited base class..

Regards,
Parta