[Qt-interest] grayscale image looks faded

caius ligarius caius9090 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 01:50:31 CEST 2010

Hi,

I am new to Qt and am trying to display an 8Bit grayscale image using
QGraphicsScene/QGraphicsView. I finally got some image to be displayed in
the viewport but the image looks faded (or it's dynamic range seems low).
Below is the code I use.

1) My original image is in 1D 'int' array (rbf.heData) so I first convert to
uchar array (pDataB)
2) After this I create a QImage and pass it as a pixmap to QGraphicsScene
3) QGraphicsView is then used to set the above QGraphicsScene

******************************
    BYTE* pDataB = new BYTE[rbf.heData->rows*rbf.heData->cols];
    for(i = 0;i < rbf.heData->rows*rbf.heData->cols; i++)
    {
        BYTE tempchar[1]={0};
        _itoa(rbf.heData->pData[i],(char*)tempchar,10);
        pDataB[i] = tempchar[0];
    }

    QImage qi(pDataB, rbf.heData->cols, rbf.heData->rows,
QImage::Format_Indexed8);
    QGraphicsScene* scene = new QGraphicsScene;
    scene->setItemIndexMethod(QGraphicsScene::NoIndex);
    scene->addPixmap(QPixmap::fromImage(qi));
    ui.graphicsView->setScene(scene);

    ui.graphicsView->show();

1) Why does the image appear faded?
2) I also need to display a 16BIt Image, how will the above code change for
this?

Thanks,
Caius