[Qt-interest] Debugging the designer

Stephen Jackson spjackson42 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 10:24:51 CEST 2010

On 1 July 2010 07:04, Helge Fredriksen wrote:
> Bumping this one.
> How do I control those qWarnings in a Qt application? There must be some
> kind of system
> of turning them on/off or send them to a file or anything?
> Helge

You can control what happens to qWarnings etc. by installing a message
handler. There's an example here:

http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.6/qtglobal.html#qInstallMsgHandler

I didn't understand that this was what you were asking from your
original question. I thought you were asking why you got no output
from printf(). If that's still an issue, my guess is that it's because
the jvm is in control, perhaps the C/C++ runtime libraries are not
being initialised (i.e. opening stdin/stdout/stderr) or that these are
perhaps being closed by the jvm, but I am just guessing.

--
HTH,

Stephen Jackson