[Qt-interest] dataChanged() SIGNAL in proxy models

Mandeep Sandhu mandeepsandhu.chd at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 08:09:48 CEST 2010

> That's what I thought too, but on reading the docs again, it seems that's
> not right. That API is about delaying the layouting of items, not grouping
> of items.

Ok, that's a little reassuring. It was disheartening to see something
so simple not working in my prog! :)

But sad at the same time, since if this had worked it could've solved
another of my problem (and my second reason for using a proxy model).

I need to display a FS model in a tabular manner. Applying a proxy on
it seems to be one of the soln's.

Other than that, the only thing I can think of is to "read" the FS
model, one item at a time and then populate my own table mode
(subclassing a QAbstractTableModel as you suggested). But this seems
like a duplication of effort (as in the main task of read the FS is
already done by the QT FS model).

> I tried using other api like
>
>      view->setViewMode(QListView::IconMode);
>      view->setWrapping(true);
>      view->setGridSize(QSize(30, 20));
>
> but I couldn't make that work either.
>
> It seems like something that should be possible though, maybe someone else
> knows.

Ok. Thanks for trying.

Regards,
-mandeep