[Qt-interest] Nokia Qt SDK Installation across OS installs

Jeffery MacEachern j.maceachern at gmail.com
Mon Jul 5 04:31:29 CEST 2010

I previously had installed the Nokia Qt SDK in a prefix under my home
directory in Kubuntu, and subsequently switched to Arch Linux.  This,
of course, destroyed the .desktop files installed by the SDK
installer, making it inconvenient to launch Qt Creator, etc.  Does the
installer leave copies of the .desktop files elsewhere, allowing me to
merely copy them to the correct location?  Alternatively, is there a
quick-and-dirty way of getting the installer to do any post-install
setup of that sort without actually reinstalling /everything/?
    - Jeffery MacEachern