[Qt-interest] QT windows visual studio 2008 version

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Mon Jul 5 07:52:14 CEST 2010

On Monday 5. July 2010 01.46.49 Stephen Kelly wrote:
> Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > However, we are considering dropping support for anything but the latest
> > when a new minor release comes out. The thinking about it is: if you're
> > going to upgrade Qt, then you may as well upgrade your compiler. Like you
> > said, you're not going to upgrade Qt in a late stage of development.
> >
> > What's your reaction to that idea?
>
> Additionally, if you're going to upgrade your compiler, you will presumably
> recompile your code. So why would Qt bother to keep binary compatibility
> between minor releases?

Because of Qt being used as a system library, on Linux (including MeeGo) and
Symbian.

You don't know when the library will be updated by the system or because
another app triggered the upgrade. Your app must work with the new version of
Qt without recompilation.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358