[Qt-interest] Nokia Qt SDK Installation across OS installs

Aaron Lewis aaron.lewis1989 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 5 08:36:13 CEST 2010

On 07/05/2010 02:25 PM, Jeffery MacEachern wrote:
> That rings a bell, now that you mention it, but I can't find the file.
>  Are you talking about the recently-released full SDK package, or the
> older, standalone Qt Creator package?  I think you're right about the
> latter, but I'm using the former.
> Thanks,
>     - Jeffery MacEachern

Doesn't matter , i think.

Just search for any executeables or shell script in that directories ,
further , create a custom desktop files is very easy.

My Gentoo Box has a sample:

* cat /usr/share/applications/qtcreator-qt-creator.desktop
[Desktop Entry]
Name=QtCreator
Type=Application
Comment=Lightweight IDE for C++ development centering around Qt
Exec=qtcreator
TryExec=qtcreator
Icon=qtcreator_logo_48
Categories=Qt;Development;IDE;

> When i was on my old system , i remembered that there's a script in
> /path to qtcreator/xdg-*.sh
>
> Just use that script , like xdg-*.sh -i , it will reinstall the xdg menus.

- --
Best Regards,
Aaron Lewis - PGP: 0x4A6D32A0
FingerPrint EA63 26B2 6C52 72EA A4A5 EB6B BDFE 35B0 4A6D 32A0
irc: A4r0n on freenode