[Qt-interest] QODBC seems very slow connecting to MSSQL

Harry Sfougaris hsfougaris at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 11:13:52 CEST 2010

> Unfortunatly TDS doesn't support latest versions of MSSQL server (and
> it looks like project is dead or almost dead).
Looking at the FreeTDS mailing list it doesn't look that dead as everyone makes it out to be.
And of course it supports all version of MSSQL server; it just doesn't support some very fancy new options

> And more sadly thing is that TDS is the only MSSQL driver for other platforms than windows...
I think that is exactly the issue here. People claim TDS is dead so we should use ODBC, but all ODBC drivers (outside Windows) is based on TDS anyway....
If TDS really dies, so will all the ODBC drivers. Meanwhile, we are stuck with inefficient access to one of the world's most popular DBMS (unfortunately)...

Harry