[Qt-interest] QT windows visual studio 2008 version

Oliver.Knoll at comit.ch Oliver.Knoll at comit.ch
Tue Jul 6 16:55:53 CEST 2010

Thiago Macieira wrote on Sunday, July 04, 2010 6:09 PM:

> However, in fact, I agree with you: we must move faster. So what I'd
> like us to do is stop supporting anything but the latest compiler,
> plus switch to the latest from one patch release to the next. What do
> you think?

I think this would be a very reasonable decision, because

- people who love to change quickly their toolchains/Qt would be happy to receive the latest of greatest binaries and
- people who don't like frequent changes are not affected very much, because they probaly also upgrade their Qt version only once in a while (so they can as well rebuild Qt from source every once a year ;)

(and it would give me a real reason soon to upgrade my VS2005 installation - even though now I am using Qt Creator/MinGW for the time being ;)

Cheers, Oliver
--
Oliver Knoll
Dipl. Informatik-Ing. ETH