[Qt-interest] QT windows visual studio 2008 version

Oliver.Knoll at comit.ch Oliver.Knoll at comit.ch
Tue Jul 6 17:13:38 CEST 2010

Bob Hood wrote on Monday, July 05, 2010 3:50 PM:

>> But a guarentee that if I start a project at 4.5.1 and the tool chain
>> will be supported throughout my project as long as I don't change Qt
>> major.minor versions, Im happy.
>
> Yes, this is precisely what I was agreeing with.  Sorry if I didn't
> express that agreement well.

I think keeping "toolchain compatibility" along a 4.6.x (patch) series is an acceptable approach, and changing to the latest developer tools upon a minor (e.g. 4.6 to 4.7) step. For all other use cases one can always compile and customise Qt. One could still argue about "security related issues" which were solved by this "ATL hotfix" delivered by MS, when to intoduce those...

Cheers, Oliver
--
Oliver Knoll
Dipl. Informatik-Ing. ETH