[Qt-interest] QtScript feature request - complex numbers

Frank Fuchs fk.fuchs at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 6 21:44:31 CEST 2010

Hi,

as far as I can see there are no "complex numbers" available in QtScripts at the moment. Also it seems impossible to implement them in a meaningful manner, since operators cannot be overloaded in javascript.
I'm aware that neither complex numbers are included in the ECMA standard, nor is operator overloading.

However, in m< eyes at least complex number would make a great enhancement for the QtScript environment. In my case I want to give the users of a scientific application the ability to write and execute some scripts without messing with the core implementation.

Also as a general remark I think that for well defined extensions like this functionality should be featured over standard compliance.

Best,
Frank