[Qt-interest] Problem using QtConcurrentRun

yogesh upreti yogesh.upreti at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 00:20:16 CEST 2010

Hallo Group,
I have problem using QtConcurrent.
This a part of my code (JC.cpp, which is defining the ui class JC):

#include <QFuture>
#include <QFutureWatcher>
#include <QtConcurrentRun>

int JC::startJobs()
{
            QFuture<void> f1 = QtConcurrent::run(dynx_start);
            f1.waitForFinished();
}

void JC::dynx_start(QString dir)
{
            some work.....(some loop to keep busy for 2-3 sec)
}

But I get an error while compiling this program:

JC.cpp: error: no matching function for call to 'run(<unresolved overloaded
function type>)'

I am using Nokia Qt Creator 1.3.1 with Qt 4.6.

What I have to include more in this code??? am I missing something?

Thanks in Advance
Yogesh Upreti