[Qt-interest] QAbstractFileEngine problems

Eric Landuyt eric at datarescue.be
Wed Jul 7 15:18:07 CEST 2010

Hello,

Wednesday, July 7, 2010, 9:08:16 AM, you wrote:
TM> We will deprecate them before Qt 5. Nothing gets removed before Qt 5 though.
TM> However, we will have to maintain the old code paths because the file engines
TM> are part of the API today.
TM> What will happen is that the file engine codepath will not be optimised like
TM> the new direct I/O code will be.

Thanks for clarifying this.
Anyway, is something else planned to support this kind of virtual filesystems
in Qt 5, or should we prepare to reimplement all this by ourselves ? (in this
case, Qt 5's filesystem API would really represent a huge step back from my
point of view).

Eric Landuyt, Developer - mailto:eric at datarescue.be
DataRescue sa/nv - http://www.datarescue.com