[Qt-interest] crash in destructor of mainwindow?

Matthias Pospiech matthias.pospiech at gmx.de
Mon Jul 12 14:29:50 CEST 2010

Thiago Macieira schrieb:
> Can you paste a valgrind log of this crash?

Unfortunately this all has do do with a dll library from a camera, which
would not work on linux.

If I compile with msvc-2005 instead I experience the crash in the
destructor of the vendor header file

   void Shutdown() {
       // unload the library
       if (m_scamlib != NULL) {
           ResetFunctions();
           ::FreeLibrary(m_scamlib);
           m_scamlib = NULL;

Now since it all only appeared if the camera dll was loaded I replaced
all the dll loading functions
(basically I replaced most of the vendor header file) with a class
replacing the functions using QLibrary.
Now I do not experience any crashes.

Nevertheless - I still do not understand why it crashed.

Matthias