[Qt-interest] QODBC seems very slow connecting to MSSQL

Christian Dähn daehn at asinteg.de
Wed Jul 14 09:02:58 CEST 2010

This email contained a .zip file attachment. Raytheon does not allow email attachments that are considered likely to contain malicious code. For your protection this attachment has been removed.

If this email is from an unknown source, please simply delete this email.

If this email was expected, and it is from a known sender, you may follow the below suggested instructions to obtain these types of attachments.

+ Instruct the sender to enclose the file(s) in a ".zip" compressed file, and rename the ".zip" compressed file with a different extension, such as, ".rtnzip".  Password protecting the renamed ".zip" compressed file adds an additional layer of protection. When you receive the file, please rename it with the extension ".zip".

Additional instructions and options on how to receive these attachments can be found at:

http://security.it.ray.com/antivirus/extensions.html
http://security.it.ray.com/news/2007/zipfiles.html

Should you have any questions or difficulty with these instructions, please contact the Help Desk at 877.844.4712

---

Hi,

>>ODBC is and stays much slower than TDS and: I had to move to QODBC due to the dropped
>>support by Qt (I've patched the QTDS massively for SQL Server 2005 - so, if anybody needs
>>an up to date QTDS driver: ask me).
>
>I would greatly appreciate getting a copy of that :)
>Is it in a working state, or does it need extra work?

My last version of QTDS was from Qt 4.5.3 and some of my patches were applied by Nokia -
but not all.

I attached you the annotated patched version I send to Nokia (Bill King), last year.
The patch fixes some still open bugs, Nokia won't fix ever.

My QTDS version was tested against (and still runs in production environment at one of Germanies
biggest insurance companies) MS SQL Server 2005 and MS SQL Server 2008.

ciao,
Chris