[Qt-interest] Signal delivery order?

Atlant Schmidt aschmidt at dekaresearch.com
Wed Jul 14 18:16:40 CEST 2010

Jason, Frank, et al.:

> > If they are queued, the statement does not apply.
> > If they are across threads (which have to be queued) then
> > the statement does not apply.
>
> Hmm - in case of queueing, the signals are queued in the identical
> (event)queue thus the order cannot get scrambled provided there is
> only one 'other' thread as the author expected.

  Sure! I readily accept that in the true multithreaded case
  (multi to multi), all sorts of the usual re-ordering fun
  ensues, but in the case of a single thread signaling to
  sockets in another single thread, strict ordering should
  still be preserved (at least to the same degree that
  ordering is maintained for signals to slots within a
  single thread).

                     Atlant