[Qt-interest] aspect-ratio for graphs

Sean Harmer sean.harmer at maps-technology.com
Thu Jul 15 12:34:17 CEST 2010

Hi Phil,

please reply to the list not to me personally.

On Thursday 15 July 2010 11:22:10 phil prentice wrote:
> Thanks Sean
>   Will it help me with my aspect-ratio problem....because if it does then I
> would definitely use it.  Its the aspect-ratio problem I would like to
> solve...I need my graphs to have aspect-ratio of 1:1(inside a layout).  I
> could not see how QGraphicsView can help me there???  Please tell me that I
> am wrong!!!

QGraphicsView itself is just a QWidget so it will not support fixed aspect
ratio of the widget itself out of the box - you'll still need to use something
like heightForWidth() to implement that.

You can make the graphs within your scene fixed aspect ratio quite easily
though. Can you provide a .ui file that shows the kind of layout you would
like?

> I am still trying to play, but as of yet not getting anywhere

I have no time to look at this right now but I may be able to later.

Cheers,

Sean