[Qt-interest] theming support for qt app

Pritam Ghanghas pritam_ghanghas at infosys.com
Fri Jul 16 09:39:32 CEST 2010

Hi

I am trying to achieve some theming support in my application using
QPalette and QStyle.

There are two places where I am confused what to do:

1.) for images, I am right now introducing new StandardPixmap
enumerations and handling them in StandardIconImplementation(). But I am
thinking is it worth writing that code, when I a can pickup pixmaps
directly from some path(generated as basepath + relativePath). And base
path for pixmaps can be set in some application wide setting which is
changed when theme is changed.

2.) if I use a image as brush. The pattern is not scaled, but tiled.
say I set a pixmap for QPalette::Window role and then draw a big
QMainWindow. The image will be tiled if it is smaller. There is nothing
like "QGradient::ObjectBoundingMode" for texture brushes.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

--
Thanks,
Pritam