[Qt-interest] QML compilation ?

Stephen Collyer scollyer at netspinner.co.uk
Mon Jul 19 11:38:48 CEST 2010

All of the QML examples that I've seen deliver a text-based .qml
file, that I guess is loaded into a QDeclarativeView via
QUrl::fromLocalFile().

However, that requires that the source code for the QML part of the app. be
made available to anyone who wishes to see it. I can imagine this will be
less than desirable to commercial app. developers.

Does the declarative framework provide any support for the delivery
of an internally compiled form of a .qml file ? What is the recommended
approach for QML development for those who don't want to make the
source available ?

--
Stephen Collyer