[Qt-interest] custom help project, pages shown with 4.5 but not 4.6?

Daniel Franke franke.daniel at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 15:39:52 CEST 2010

On Monday, July 19, 2010, Daniel Franke wrote:
> I use assistant for a custom help project. The project files where set up
> as per documentation, and everything works with Qt-4.5. Recompiling and
> running the very same source files against/with Qt-4.6 doesn't work any
> more; the table of contents as well as the index are still there, but the
> actual pages are not displayed and search does not return any results.
>
> Anyone seen this as well? Are there any changes required for the upgrade?

One more of those: send the help request only to find the root of the problem
five minutes later. In case somebody comes across this as well:

The offending project.qhp starts like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<QtHelpProject version="1.0">
  <namespace>company.com.project_3.0</namespace>
  <virtualFolder>doc</virtualFolder>

if the last '.' in the namespace is removed, e.g. changed to

  <namespace>company.com.project_3_0</namespace>

it works. Otherwise, with the last '.', the address in assistant lacks the
namespace part and starts with the virtual folder, like

	qthelp:doc/[...]

instead of

	qthelp://company.com.project_3.0/doc/[...]

Maybe something for the bug busters?

Cheers

	Daniel