[Qt-interest] Grouping existing widgets into a vertical splitter with Qt Designer

K. Frank kfrank29.c at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 19:38:28 CEST 2010

Hi List!

I have a Qt Designer form (i.e., a .ui file).  It has (roughly
speaking) a couple
of tables grouped together in a horizontal splitter, with a QTextEdit
underneath.

I wish to group the horizontal splitter and the QTextEdit together in a vertical
splitter (so that at run-time the user can give more or less vertical  space to
the QTextEdit, trading off space with the tables).

If possible in Designer, what's the best way to do this?

I've been clicking around in Designer, but I haven't been able to add
the vertical
splitter.  For example, I have selected, simultaneously, the horizontal layout
containing the tables and the QTextEdit.  There is a button on the toolbar
with tooltip "Lay Out Vertically in Splitter," but clicking it seems to have no
effect.

I am using Qt Designer Version 4.6.1.

Thanks for any pointers.

K. Frank