[Qt-interest] QtCreator && Autopackaging for Maemo

Christian Kandeler christian.kandeler at nokia.com
Wed Jul 21 09:32:48 CEST 2010

On 07/21/2010 12:13 AM, ext Jeffery MacEachern wrote:
> When using QtCreator to package Maemo apps, the "Create Package" step
> configuration in the Project settings view does not allow me to remove
> the default install target it adds.  In this case, I'm building a
> library, yet Creator expects to find an "app" target (in this case
> "vnsupport" instead of "libvnsupport.so", and it will fail to build no
> matter what.  Short of adding a dummy file with that name to make it
> happy (if that even works), is there any other way I can coerce it
> into packaging libraries by themselves?

I assume you are using Creator 2.0 from the SDK? Maemo support was
somewhat lacking in that version; only simple application projects work
well with it. The current 2.0 branch (which will become release 2.1)
allows you to disable packaging. The current master branch (which will
become 2.2) vastly improves the packaging and deployment functionality
(and also aims to properly support library and subdirs projects). If you
are not tied to the current release for some reason, I'd suggest you
compile your own Creator from the current master branch.

Christian