[Qt-interest] How to access QDomNode's value?

Eeli Reilin eeli.reilin at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 17:50:46 CEST 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to get the QDomNode's value(the string between the tags), and
only getting an empty string.

Let's say that I have an XML data like this:

  <root>
  	<foo>bar</foo>
  </root>

I have tried to read the value like this:

  QDomDocument doc;
  QDomNode fooNode = doc.documentElement().firstChildElement("foo");

  if(fooNode.isNull()) {
  	qDebug() << "Error: could not find Foo!";
	return;
  }

  QString fooValue = fooNode.nodeValue();

I would obviously want fooValue to contain "bar", but all I get is an
empty string.

I'm totally lost on this, so please help me!

Best regards,
Eeli Reilin